AMERGINT is seeking a talented Associate Systems Engineer to help design, implement, integrate, and test software for a state-of-the-art test system. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL and will be onsite most of the time at a Lockheed Martin facility.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Design software for test systems
- Code, integrate, and test software
- Apply Object-oriented programming, message protocol interpretation, test script development and use of agile processes working under minimal supervision
- Conduct automated and manual testing of applications controlling integrated hardware and peripheral equipment
- Support customer onsite with technical challenges integrating and interfacing with AMERGINT software and hardware
What Qualifications You Will Bring:
- 3+ years of work-related software/systems engineering experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field
- Understand and write Python programs/scripts
- In depth knowledge of Linux / Linux Sys Admin
- Networking experience and the ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Serial communications experience (RS-232)
- Experience supporting customers on-site
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues across multiple software/hardware components
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply knowledge to assist a multidisciplinary team of testers and integrators
- Experience with software test frameworks (such as Python’s unittest) is a plus
- US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
We are a team of engineers that delivers next-generation technologies used in the space industry. The breadth of engineering and software expertise at AMERGINT allows us to solve hard problems.
Our key strategy is simple — be technically-focused and customer-supportive.
The software engineers that choose to work at AMERGINT know that we focus on working cooperatively and collaboratively.
Come work with the many bright minds here at the company. We are all about being innovative. We are all about building the intellectual capital that our customers leverage.