Senior level management position responsible for directing the financial affairs of the organization and preparing financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management. The Corporate Controller is responsible for the Company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions, investors and the maintenance of its fiscal records and the preparation of financial reports. This position involves supervision over general accounting, property accounting, cost accounting and budgetary controls.
- Development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Maintains the Company’s system of accounts and keeps books and records on all Company transactions and assets.
- Establishes major economic objectives and policies for the Company and prepares reports that outline the Company’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and future operations.
- Establishes and implements internal accounting controls and process controls over company assets and transactions.
- Responsible for improving and maintaining key strategic financial indicators of the company to include financial planning & analysis for management and the Board of Directors
- In depth knowledge of Government Contracting specifically, FAR, CAS and ITAR compliant contracts
- In depth knowledge of Estimate at Completion Accounting
- Assist in development and relevant quality control of Cost and Pricing related to Contract Bids including revenue recognition
- Responsible for managing company’s cash and investment accounts with its banking partner making sure that they fall within investment guidelines provided by the company.
- Participates in the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system) and analyzes report variances.
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state and locate corporate, payroll and other applicable taxes.
- Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient and furnishes external reports as necessary.
- Responsible for performing all duties and activities in a safe and responsible manner assuring compliance with all established laws and regulations regarding workplace and individual safety.
- Stays current with latest regulatory and GAAP rules ensures the Company is in compliance with all financial Regulatory and GAAP requirements.
- Final responsibility for providing effective financial controls for the organization including SOX oversight & implementation.
- Coordinates annual audits and quarterly review with independent auditors of Company’s accounts
- Oversee and ensure quality and timely month, quarter and year-end close processes.
- Assist the CFO in special projects as well as day-to-day accounting, financial and treasury activities.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Qualification and Education Requirements
- A BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or a related discipline, or equivalent experience in lieu of all or part of the degree requirement plus at least seven (7) years of directly related business accounting experience, with 3+ years in the Aerospace & Defense Industry with a similar role is required.
- At least seven (7) years of prior financial management experience is preferred. CPA certification preferred but not required.
- Standard Cost Accounting and VSOE background, skills and experience
- Experience in Mergers & Acquisitions to include due diligence and purchase accounting
- Excellent computer skills are required including a working knowledge of accounting systems and prior experience in implementation.
Other Skills Required
- This position requires a forward-thinking, strategic team player and team leader who can adapt easily and learn.
- Occasional long hours and/or weekend work required