Communications System Engineer 3
AMERGINT Technologies is seeking to hire a mid to senior level Communications Systems Engineer. This position entails the design and implementation of modems and related algorithms, in a software radio environment. In this role, the engineer will participate in distilling waveform descriptions into working transmitters and receivers. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO.
**** Relocation assistance may be available
What You Will Get to Do
- You will be expected to participate with senior staff engineers in the design of modulators and demodulators for the following waveforms: BPSK, QPSK, M-PSK, M-QAM, M-ary FSK, and variations on continuous phase modulation (CPM) including CPFSK, SOQPSK, MSK, and GMSK.
- Design modulators and demodulators
- You will implement communications and algorithms
- Design and implement next generation software modems
- Work with senior staff and customers to identify new technology trends and value added product features
What Qualifications You Will Bring
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent), with an emphasis is Communications Systems and DSP (Digital Signal Processing)
- 5+ years of work experience post Master’s degree.
- Familiar with scripting languages (e.g. Python) with a willingness to become proficient if hired.
- Experience with C/C++ programming and MATLAB
- Familiar with modern communication systems, including digital communications, source and channel coding, detection, equalization, timing and carrier recovery, and common forms of feedforward estimation.
- Familiar with modern forms of channel coding, including block codes, LDPC, Turbo coding, convolutional codes, and related decoding (e.g. Viterbi Algorithm).
- Familiar with digital signal processing (DSP) for things such as filter design and link-level simulation.
These Qualifications are Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Python, including the MATLAB-like features of Python is a plus
- Fresh-out Ph.D. graduates would also be considered
- Experience with spread-spectrum waveforms and systems is a plus