AMERGINT Technologies is seeking to hire an entry-level Communications Systems Engineer. This position entails the design and implementation of modems and related algorithms, in a software radio environment. In this role, the engineer will participate in distilling waveform descriptions into working transmitters and receivers. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO.
What Will You Get to Do?
- You will be expected to participate with senior staff engineers in the design of modulators and demodulators for the following waveforms: BPSK, QPSK, M-PSK, M-QAM, M-ary FSK, and variations on continuous phase modulation (CPM) including CPFSK, SOQPSK, MSK, and GMSK.
- Design modulators and demodulators
- You will implement communications and algorithms
- Design and implement next generation software modems
- Work with senior staff and customers to identify new technology trends and value added product features
Bring These Qualification
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent), with an emphasis is Communications Systems and DSP (Digital Signal Processing)
- 2+ years of work experience post Master’s degree.
- Familiar with scripting languages (e.g. Python) with a willingness to become proficient if hired.
- Experience with C/C++ programming and MATLAB
- Familiar with modern communication systems, including digital communications, source and channel coding, detection, equalization, timing and carrier recovery, and common forms of feedforward estimation.
- Familiar with modern forms of channel coding, including block codes, LDPC, Turbo coding, convolutional codes, and related decoding (e.g. Viterbi Algorithm).
- Familiar with digital signal processing (DSP) for things such as filter design and link-level simulation.
These Qualifications are Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Python, including the MATLAB-like features of Python is a plus
- Fresh-out Ph.D. graduates would also be considered
- Experience with spread-spectrum waveforms and systems is a plus