AMERGINT Technologies is seeking to hire an experienced Communications System Engineer. This position entails the design and implementation of modems and related algorithms, in a software radio environment. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO or can be remote.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Participate with senior staff engineers in the design of modulators and demodulators for the following waveforms: BPSK, QPSK, M-PSK, M-QAM, M-ary FSK, and variations on continuous phase modulation (CPM), including CPFSK, SOQPSK, MSK, and GMSK.
- Design modulators and demodulators
- Implement communications and algorithms
- Design and implement next generation software modems
- Work with senior staff and customers to identify new technology trends and value added product features
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent), with an emphasis in Communications Systems and DSP (Digital Signal Processing)
- 5+ years of work experience post Master’s degree.
- Familiar with scripting languages (e.g. Python) with a willingness to become proficient if hired.
- Experience with C/C++ programming and MATLAB
- Familiar with modern communication systems, including digital communications, source and channel coding, detection, equalization, timing and carrier recovery, and common forms of feedforward estimation.
- Familiar with modern forms of channel coding, including block codes, LDPC, Turbo coding, convolutional codes, and related decoding (e.g., Viterbi Algorithm).
- Familiar with digital signal processing (DSP) for things such as filter design and link-level simulation.
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Python, including the MATLAB-like features of Python is a plus
- Ph.D. graduates would also be considered
- Experience with spread-spectrum waveforms and systems is a plus
Salary and Benefits:
Colorado Pay Range From: $100,000 to $150,000 annually
AMERGINT Technologies offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Fully Paid Medical and Dental Coverage
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Accident Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- Employer Contributions to 401k
- Financial Planning and Group Legal
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Fully Funded Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Onsite Gym
- Four Weeks Paid Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Company Paid Cell Phone and Home Internet
- Tuition Reimbursement