AMERGINT has an immediate opening for a CYBERSECURITY ENGINEER. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. What Will You Get to Do? You’ll be working with internal engineering teams on applying custom Information Assurance requirements to different projects, and finding new ways of deploying and configuring custom software to meet the requirements. On a typical day you might be talking to a customer helping them to configure the system to meet their requirements, writing python or ansible rules to apply new security lockdowns, or automating OS deployment using kick starts.
Some of the Responsibilities Are
- The successful candidate will be expected to communicate and work closely with process and system owners and information technology management.
- The successful candidate has a working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Package Management, DISA STIG, Linux on the command line, Linux firewalls, and generating information assurance assessments.
- The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of 8500.2 and SP 800-53 controls throughout various phases of the RMF authorization lifecycle.
You will Bring These Qualifications
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering or related field, plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with python, ansible, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7, and deploying Operating Systems is desired.
- Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is REQUIRED at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
These Qualifications are Nice to Have
- CISSP or equivalent is preferred.