AMERGINT Technologies: We are the Link.
The space industry is booming and at AMERGINT Technologies, we are the link. AMERGINT builds transformational hardware and software solutions that support critical programs around the globe and in space. Since 2008, AMERGINT has delivered more than 2,500 applications, services/microservices, and cloud-based solutions that support mission-critical communication networks. From human spaceflight to satellite test solutions, AMERGINT is a trusted partner for commercial, civil, and government customers.
To continue to support our growing business, AMERGINT is looking for new team members who embody our core values: Do What’s Right, Unleash Intellectual Capital, Deliver Value, and Keep it Lean.
AMERGINT is seeking a Junior FPGA/Firmware Engineer who is passionate about working closely with customers to solve difficult mission-critical challenges. In this important role, you will be working on the hardware FPGA/Firmware designs around the AMERGINT hardware portfolio. We empower our people, and we give them the space to thrive. If you’re interested in joining our team and making a difference in the space and defense industry, let’s talk.
This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Design, scope, and implement technical solutions that scale across AMERGINT products and customer set
- Communicate and collaborate across the engineering team and product owners
- Evaluate and recommend solutions and work with the senior team members on designs
- Help to define and prioritize tasks that you are assigned to work on
- Provide review and feedback during FPGA/Firmware designs reviews
- Continuously improve, adapt, and grow
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 0-3 years of work related experience
- Familiar with using VHDL and/or Verilog to develop complex sub-modules in an FPGA
- Familiar with using VHDL and/or Verilog to develop test benches for simulation at a module level
- Compile, route, analyze, and test FPGA and microprocessor designs in hardware
- Knowledge with how to configure FPGA internal logic analyzer
- Basic knowledge with using standard coding practices to develop routines for embedded processors
- Learn how to integrate DSP solutions handed down from DSP Engineers
- Work directly with software engineers to integrate designs
- Use test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Programming languages: C/C++, Python, VHDL, Verilog
- Ability to learn how to create FPGA/Firmware functional block diagrams for design review prior code development
- Have strong analytical skills
- Support business development with specification reviews and engineering estimates
- Work closely with other team members and contribute to design review presentations
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Willingness to learn new technology and approaches
- Understanding of testing principles
- Demonstrated design skills for large scale, high speed, and highly available distributed systems
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with an eye for detail and thoroughness
- Understand and predict phase noise levels
- Proficient in the design and analysis of PLL frequency synthesizers
- Become proficient with Visual System Simulator (VSS) and other performance prediction tools
- Familiar with telemetry and satellite communications
What We Offer
- Colorado pay range from: $69,000 to $83,000 annually
- Flexible work arrangements
- Generous vacation policy
- Rewards and Recognition
- Paid company holidays, sick time, and maternity/paternity leave
- Company paid medical and dental insurance
- Employer contributions to 401k
- Health reimbursement account (HRA)
- Company funded health savings account (HSA)
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life insurance, AD&D, and accident insurance
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Stipends for cell phone and home internet
- Tuition/professional development assistance
- Employee discounts from company partners
- Onsite gym
- Annual bonus eligibility (based on company performance)
Working at AMERGINT
AMERGINT’s headquarters is located in northern Colorado Springs, CO. We are driven by challenge. We hire problem-solvers, then trust and empower them to take ownership, lead decision-making, and differentiate. We believe in giving our people space to thrive. We offer challenging work with opportunities for independence and growth, a stocked kitchen, espresso machines, flexible work arrangements, company-sponsored events, community volunteer events, onsite games/break activities, business casual attire, onsite gym, and local trails for hiking and biking. Our offices are also dog friendly, and we encourage our people to bring in their furry friends.