AMERGINT is seeking a highly organized and diversely talented Proposal Writer/Technical Writer to help craft informative and compelling content for proposals and technical documents. This position requires attention to detail, agility, timeliness, and an enthusiasm to adapt a plethora of skills to produce a variety of documents, some highly technical.
This position is located in our Colorado Springs, CO office.
- Interpret RFP requirements and win themes, then work with SMEs to write compelling, persuasive, and compliant RFP responses, including Technical Volumes, Management Volumes, Executive Summaries, Past Performance, etc.
- Write and organize highly technical content for User Guides, Quick Start Cards, and project deliverables.
- Precisely edit and format proposals and technical documents in Microsoft Word (using templates and styles).
- Create visuals (for example, callout boxes, interesting tables, basic graphics, etc.) to help engage readers and convey highly technical information in a friendly way.
- Ensure that all content upholds our branding, style, and industry standards.
- Opportunity to learn/employ single-sourcing best practices, basic graphics (Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint, and Visio), and more advanced design skills (MS PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, etc.).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communications or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in a communications/content creator role.
- Ability to weave win themes and stories into technical content.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple deliverables at once, often with tight deadlines.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Shipley certification.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
- A designer’s eye.
Please be prepared to send a portfolio/writing samples.