AMERGINT Technologies is seeking an experienced Senior Communications System Engineer with an emphasis in channel coding. This position entails the design and implementation of modems and related algorithms, in a software radio environment. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for distilling a waveform description into a working channel encoder, transmitter, receiver, and channel decoder, implemented in a software radio platform, using C++ and Python.
This position will be located in Colorado Springs or Broomfield, CO or Huntsville, AL, or remote.
What You Will Get To Do
- You’ll be expected to be conversant in legacy and modern forms of channel coding, including trellis coded modulation and decoding, low density parity check coding (LDPC) and turbo coding.
- Interpret, understand, and implement channel encoding and decoding algorithms for the aforementioned channel coding methodologies in a software radio platform.
- Conversant in satellite air interface standards, such as the various DVB and CCSDS specifications.
- Contribute to the design of modulators and demodulators for waveforms such as M-PSK, M-APSK, M-QAM, M-ary FSK, and variations on continuous phase modulation (CPM), e.g. GMSK.
- Should be conversant in methods and techniques for carrier and symbol acquisition, including phase locked loops (PLLs), open loop maximum likelihood (ML) estimation, and other common estimation techniques.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU WILL BRING
- 10 Years of related work experience with at least a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent), with an emphasis is communications systems, coding, and digital signal processing.
- Familiar with digital signal processing (DSP) for things such as filter design and link-level simulation.
- Conversant with C/C++ programming with a willingness to become proficient if hired.
- All candidates must be U.S. citizens with the ability to obtain a security clearance.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS ARE NICE TO HAVE
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Familiar with telemetry, tracking, and control (TT&C) standards, including universal S-band (USB), Tracking and Data Relay Satellite (TDRS), and the Space Ground Link System (SGLS).
- Knowledgeable with range telemetry standards such as IRIG-106, including PCM/FM, shaped offset QPSK (SOQPSK), and multi-h CPM.
- Familiarity with Python, including the MATLAB-like features of Python is a plus.
- Familiarity with MATLAB is a plus.