Connect serial data streams to ethernet networks
Low-cost network appliance includes multiple applications
Front panel or remote setup and control
- RS-422 Telemetry Receipt. The softFEP Network Appliance receives up to five serial telemetry streams (data/clock) and performs time-tagging of the satellite’s downlink data. The telemetry frames are forwarded to TCP/IP Clients over the LAN.
- RS-422 Telemetry Transmit. The softFEP receives time-tagged telemetry streams from TCP/IP Clients on the LAN and transmits the data serially (data/clock) on up to five channels.
- Serial/IP Multiplexer/Demultiplexer. This application pairs two softFEPs across a WAN. Telemetry streams are received serially (clock/data) on one softFEP. The streams are multiplexed and transmitted to another softFEP via a WAN, where they are demultiplexed and re-serialized. Time-release, rate, and latency are managed.
- RS-422 Tx/Rx BERT. Up to five data streams are independently generated using built-in Transmit BERTs configured for a PRN pattern. Each stream is transmitted serially (data/clock). The received serial data streams are passed to independent Receive BERTs for pattern and error checking.
- IP Tx/Rx BERT. Telemetry is generated using built-in Transmit BERTs configured for a PRN pattern and transmitted to TCP/IP Clients over the LAN. Telemetry is received from TCP/IP Clients over the LAN and passed to Receive BERTs for pattern and error checking.
- Time Processing. The softFEP Network Appliance maintains time accuracy using a combination of NTP or IRIG-B.
- KS-252 Protocol Conversion. Connect serial telemetry streams to the KS-252 for decryption and frame synchronization.
- WAN Emulator. Model your wide area network’s behavior and simulate real-world data transport scenarios.
- Front Panel Configuration. The softFEP system supports front-panel configuration of basic network functions. IP addresses, Masks, Gateways, NTP Servers, and Syslog Servers can all be configured from the front panel using the simple LCD interface.
|Telemetry Data Rates||Up to 20 Mbps per Channel|
|Telemetry Receipt||Up to 5 Serial Channels|
|Telemetry Transmit||Up to 5 Serial Channels|
|Multiplexer/Demultiplexer||5 Channels Bi-directional
100 Mbps Composite Rate
|Tx/Rx BERT||Up to 20 Mbps
|WAN Emulator||Variable Latency
|Time Reference||IRIG, NTP|
|Ethernet (10/100/1000)||RJ-45 (2)|
|Optional||TTL I/O Panel|
|Physical / Environmental||Specifications|
|Dimensions||1.75”(H) x 6” (D) x 17.5” (W)|
|Power||120 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 5 Watts|
|Humidity||< 90% Non-Condensing|