Record and process satellite payload data streams
Receive, process, store, and transfer data at rates up to 3 Gbps
Image data and other space-based sensors
One, two, and four channel configurations
- High Rate Data Inputs. The softFEP receives one or more input channels as serial data streams (data/clock) or via Ethernet (TCP/IP or UDP).
- Data Buffering. The received data streams are queued (buffered) to protect against data overflow from the continuous, real time inputs.
- Frame Synchronization. Individual frame synchronizers lock on each input data stream to enable downstream processing. The sync strategy, sync patterns, and frame lengths are fully programmable.
- CCSDS Processing. The softFEP performs the full suite of CCSDS processing functions, including Reed-Solomon decoding, virtual channel sorting, data encapsulation, and packet assembly/sorting.
- Custom Processing. The softFEP architecture allows customers to add specialized processing in the software. Examples of delivered extension include contact scheduling, merging of data streams, data filtering, error checking, and creating composite files.
- WAN Rate Buffering. The processed data is delivered over local and wide area networks for additional downstream processing. The network transport protocols within the softFEP system ensure reliable delivery and can perform rate buffering if the network bandwidth is less than the downlink data rate.
- VHR Compatible. The softFEP pairs with multiple high-rate modems, including the VHR-400, -600, and -1200 from ViaSat. VHR modems and Payload Processors have been delivered to multiple customers.
- Data Recording. Recording of the payload data streams is an integral function. Recording occurs in parallel with the real time processing. Both raw and processed data can be recorded.
- Built-In Bit Error Rate Tests. The softFEP generates test data streams that are looped back as inputs to the system. There are built-in BERTs for each data channel.
|System Configurations (Serial inputs)||
|System Configurations||One to Four Channels, 750 Mbps each|
|RAID5 Storage||Option for external storage array|
|Frame Synchronizers||Programmable Sync Strategy|
|Error Correction||Reed-Solomon Decoding|
|Data Playback||Serial outputs, Ethernet, Individual Streams or Merged Files|
|Input Channel||ECL or LVDS Data/Clock, SMB
1 or 10 Gb Ethernet
|Output Channels (Loopback)||ECL or LVDS Data/Clock, SMB
1 or 10 Gb Ethernet
|VHR Compatibility||VHR-400, -600, -1200|
|Network Protocols||UDP, TCP/IP|
|Physical / Environmental||Specifications|
|Power||120 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 750 Watts|
|Humidity||< 90% Non-Condensing|