AMERGINT is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer/Architect to design high-level software, develop product specifications, and determine appropriate technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms. This position collaborates with the project managers to determine requirements for new software or applications and defines/leads the Development Team in all areas while investing in our growing team of engineers by providing leadership, mentorship, direction, and best practices to produce high-quality deliverables. Our systems today support satellite, space launch, and missile defense ground control and test. And, our systems are evolving rapidly to support space and missile flight software platforms.
This position is located at any of our Colorado Springs, CO; Broomfield, CO; or Huntsville, AL locations.
This position will be part of our new Systems Engineering Solutions Team, which supports the growing larger mission focus at AMERGINT Technologies.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Design, develop, and oversee system architectures.
- Provide architectural leadership in response to RFIs, RFPs, and budgetary estimate requests.
- Research, design, and evaluate new technologies to maintain an organization wide view of software architecture, capabilities, and strategy.
- Work with a highly talented team of engineers to design, code, integrate, test, and deploy system engineering solutions.
- Support prototype development and test in a laboratory environment and collaborate with other disciplines, including electrical engineering, firmware, and test.
- Use your skills in object-oriented programming, message protocol interpretation, real time processing, test script development, and use of agile processes.
- Mentor and guide engineers on technologies, processes, implementation details, and design of software-based solutions.
- Support the business by helping to bring new products, applications, and capabilities to new marketplaces, both virtual and traditional. Support business development initiatives by developing software demonstrations and contributing to publications and conference materials.
- Ensure conversion of customer requirements into total systems solutions.
- Translate functional needs of customers to requirements and allocate those requirements to Hardware, Software, and COTS system components.
- Provide input and recommendations to create, define, or choose an application framework for our applications with other software architects.
- Observe and understand the broader system environment and maintains knowledge of other applications in the organization.
What Qualifications You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or similar technical field, with 10+ years relevant experience.
- Experience as a technical leader working with management and engineers.
- Architectural design and development experience with custom software applications and the supporting IT infrastructure.
- Systems engineering and integration, project management, requirements derivation, and development process knowledge.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Desire and experience to lead and provide guidance and oversight to a growing team of engineers and developers.
- Strong understanding of DevOps and Configuration Management (e.g. Ansible, CI/CD, automated testing, Docker Swarm/Kubernetes)
- Ability to facilitate group discussions to close on technical solutions with senior team members.
- Ability to build strong relationships with program internal and external stakeholders and peers.
- High degree of ethics, strong core values, and an optimistic outlook.
- Ability to work independently with initiative, creativity, and innovation.
- Customer interface experience.
- Experience participating in or leading internal and external design reviews.
- Ability to multi-task and context switch.
These Qualifications are Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience with real time embedded systems.
- Experience with the use of lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, power supplies, and digital multi-meters is a plus.
- Experience with Virtual Machines, Docker Containers, Orchestration Software.
- Experience utilizing the Atlassian tool suite.
- Experience with telemetry systems, satellite communications, and signal processing is a plus.
- Large program experience.