AMERGINT is seeking talented Senior Software Engineers to design, implement, integrate, and test software for state-of-the-art communication and test systems. Our software systems have historically supported satellite communications, space launch, and missile defense and test applications for a variety of commercial and US government customers. This position will help develop our technology to meet future customer satellite communication requirements, implement advanced algorithms in signal processing and data transport as well as leverage the vast amount of compute infrastructure in government and commercial clouds. This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You Will Get to Do
- Work with a highly talented team of engineers to design, code, integrate, test, and deploy satellite communications software performing modulation, demodulation, error correction, data encoding, frame syncing, recording and playback of satellite telemetry, commanding, and payload data.
- Apply your expert skills in C++ and Python object-oriented programming, signal processing, message protocol interpretation, real time processing, and test script development using agile development tools and processes.
- Lead and interact with other software engineers on technical projects to satisfy customer or IR&D requirements. Mentor and guide junior engineers on technologies, processes, implementation details, and design of software based solutions.
- Perform research, development, and deployment of software applications leveraging, dedicated hardware, on-premise clouds, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) systems and concepts.
- Support the business by helping to bring new products, applications, and capabilities to new marketplaces both virtual and traditional. Support business development initiatives by developing software demonstrations and contributing to publications and conference materials.
Bring These Qualification
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical field.
- 10+ years of experience PYTHON development.
- 10+ years of experience C++ development.
- Experience with working in an Agile Development organization.
- Experience with the Linux Operating system.
- Experience with version control tools such as subversion or GIT.
- Experience with real time embedded systems.
- Experience as a technical leader working with management and engineers.
These Qualifications are Nice to Have
- Masters degree a plus.
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2 & S3 storage.
- Experience with Virtual Machines, Docker Containers, Orchestration Software.
- Experience utilizing the Atlassian tool suite.
- Experience with telemetry systems, satellite communications, signal processing is a plus.
- Experience with the use of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and digital multi-meters is a plus.