Front End Processor for satellite control centers
Telemetry and command processing
Full CCSDS support
softFEP applications allow you to define and extend the softFEP T&C Front End Processor
- Frame Synchronization of Telemetry. The softFEP T&C Front End Processor receives serial (data/clock) or network telemetry streams. It performs the frame synchronization, error decoding, CCSDS processing, and time-tagging of the satellite’s downlink data.
- Formatting of the Command Uplink. Commands are received by the softFEP over a network connection and formatted into the uplink data stream. The softFEP system performs functions such as command spacing, CLTU formatting, and serialization. Ternary commanding and binary commanding formats are supported.
- Checking of Command Echoes. The softFEP receives a command echo and compares the returned data stream, notifying the T&C software if errors are detected.
- COMSEC. The softFEP natively supports the plain-text (unencrypted) traffic interfaces with various COMSEC devices, including the KS-252, MYK-16, MYK-17, KI-17, and KIV-7MS.
- Recording of Telemetry Data Streams. Telemetry data streams can be archived to disk storage on the server platform. The input channels to be recorded are configurable. The Playback of recorded data is also configurable, allowing all or only a subset of the recorded channels to be output from the softFEP system.
- Test Data Stream Generation and Checking. The softFEP generates simulated data streams from the network, stored files, or bit error rate generators. These test data streams support checkout prior to satellite passes.
- Web-based User Interface. The softFEP app has a configurable graphical user interface (GUI) for standalone operations. The user interface runs in a web browser window enabling the softFEP to be controlled remotely. The customer can modify, change, and extend the user interface screens.
- Software Application Programming Interface. A software API allows customers to support the softFEP from their monitor and control application. The softFEP uses the Ground Equipment Monitor Standard (GEMS) for this interface.
|Telemetry Data Rates||1 Kbps to 20 Mbps|
|Telemetry Inputs/Outputs||Data/Clock, UDP, TCP|
|Telemetry Frame Synchronizer||
|Downlink CCSDS Processing||AOS VCDUs
Space Packets, MPDUs, BPDUs
|Command/Echo Data Rates||100 bps to 5 Mbps|
|Command Formatter||Binary, Ternary Formats
CLTU, Command Spacing
|COMSEC Interfaces||KS-252, KIV-7MS, KI-17, MYK-5, -7, -12, -15, -16, -17|
|Simulated Telemetry Source||
|Time References||IRIG, NTP|
|Time Resolution||10 nanoseconds|
|Telemetry Inputs||2, Expandable to 8|
|Telemetry Outputs||2, Expandable to 8|
|Command Outputs||1, Expandable to 4|
|Command Echo Inputs||1, Expandable to 4|
|Serial Electrical Interface||RS-422|
|Ethernet Ports||2 1-GigE, Expandable to 6|
|Network Protocols||UDP, TCP/IP|
|Optional Connector Panel||DB-9, DB-25|
|Power||120 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 350 Watts|
|Humidity||< 90% Non-Condensing|