AMERGINT is seeking a highly technical and diversely talented Technical Writer/Communicator to help write, edit, and format informative and compelling technical content (e.g., user guides, datasheets, spec sheets, operating procedures, white papers, and more) for a variety of internal and external audiences. This position requires attention to detail, the confidence to jump in and complete technical documents very quickly and with minimal supervision, and an enthusiasm to learn a plethora of skills to produce a variety of documents—some highly technical. This is a writing position— not just editing—so if you enjoy crafting original technical content, this position is for you. This position is located onsite in our Colorado Springs, CO office.
- Write and organize highly technical content (e.g., overviews, procedures, troubleshooting, cabling, etc.) for User Guides, Quick Start Cards, spec sheets, datasheets, white papers, and other technical project deliverables.
- Help develop and maintain corporate content, including Policy & Procedure documents, forms, Knowledge Articles, etc.
- Precisely format content in Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint (using templates and styles).
- Edit internal and external content to ensure that it upholds our branding, style, and industry standards
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communications or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical communications/content creator role.
- Knack for making technical content clear and concise.
- Ability to drive communication with engineers and project managers.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple deliverables at once, often with tight deadlines.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, SnagIt, Confluence, and WordPress.
- Talent for creating technical visuals (e.g., block diagrams, complex tables, basic graphics, etc.) to help engage readers and convey highly technical information in a friendly way.
- The spirit to jump in and help our small team craft language for our website, marketing collateral, social media, internal communications, and proposals.
Salary and Benefits:
Colorado Pay Range From: $80,000 to $90,000 annually
AMERGINT Technologies offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Fully Paid Medical and Dental Coverage
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Accident Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- Employer Contributions to 401k
- Financial Planning and Group Legal
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Fully Funded Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Onsite Gym
- Four Weeks Paid Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Company Paid Cell Phone and Home Internet
- Tuition Reimbursement
Please be prepared to send a portfolio/writing samples.